PhD Program Details
Major Transition Points
Admission and Enrollment
- Consult with assigned faculty advisor every semester for coursework planning.
- Select a research advisor by the end of first year of study.
Completion of Coursework and Comprehensive Exam
- Successful completion of coursework (except NURS 998 and NURS 999)
- Successful completion of comprehensive exams
- Advancement to doctoral candidacy (within six years of admission)
- Continued enrollment in NURS 998: Dissertation Proposal Development - Doctoral Dissertation Proposal in the fall and spring semesters for the duration of proposal development
- Approval of dissertation committee
- Successful completion of oral defense of the dissertation proposal
NURS 999 - Doctoral Dissertation
- Continued enrollment in NURS 999 during the fall and spring semesters for duration of dissertation research project. In addition, if dissertation defense occurs during the summer semester, the student must be registered for the summer NURS 999 course.
- Successful completion of oral defense of the dissertation
- Final approval of dissertation by Committee and PhD program coordinator
Submit Intent to Graduate
- Completion within nine years of first enrollment as a PhD student