Earn your BSN in less time by co-enrolling at Mason and a partner community college AAS-Nursing program. Applicants can earn their BSN in as little as one semester after completing the AAS-Nursing degree and obtaining their RN license. Students may apply as early as their first semester in the AAS-Nursing program. Most of the ten classes (30 credits) are offered in a seven-week format, and all courses are offered online.
- Fall: January 15, 11:59 PM (EST)
- Spring: October 1, 11:59 p.m. (EST)
Application and Eligibility Guidelines
- Admission to Mason as an undergraduate, transfer, degree-seeking student
- At time of BSN Application, you must have submitted Mason Admission Application and received your Mason ID number (G number)
- You may receive your Mason Admission decision after applying to the BSN program; however, Mason admission is a requirement for BSN admission
- Enrollment and in good standing in partner community college AAS-Nursing program
- All nursing prerequisite courses complete prior to graduation from the partner community college AAS-Nursing program.
- All Mason Core and elective courses complete prior to graduation from the Mason BSN program
- No grade lower than C (not C-) in each nursing prerequisite, Mason Core, and elective course
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 in Mason Core course and elective prerequisite coursework
- Submit the online BSN Application
Simply meeting the BSN Application prerequisites and eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission to the BSN program. It is extremely important for all applicants to have a back-up plan.
Prerequisite Course Requirements
- All applicants must complete the necessary nursing prerequisite coursework (pdf) prior to graduation from the partner community college AAS-Nursing program.
- Program participants may complete Mason Core courses and electives (except ENGH 302) at the partner community college prior to graduating from the AAS-Nursing program. Mason Core courses and electives not completed at the community college prior to graduating from the AAS-Nursing program must be taken at Mason prior to graduating from the BSN program.
Mason Core Requirements
- English Composition (3 cr)
- Communication (3 cr)
- Literature (3 cr)
- Arts (3 cr)
- Social Science (3 cr)
- Western Civilization (3 cr)
- Global Understanding (3 cr)
- Information Technology (3 cr)
- Quantitative Reasoning (3 cr)
- Electives (15-19 cr) - Refer to the Mason Catalog for recommended courses
Mason Core Requirements may be satisfied by the following:
- U.S. Bachelor’s Degree: A prior bachelor’s degree, earned in the United States from an accredited institution, satisfies all Mason Core course requirements including ENGH 302
- International Bachelor’s Degree: A prior bachelor’s degree, earned internationally and determined equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree may satisfy all Mason Core course requirements, except ENGH 302. Mason requires proof of English proficiency.
- Anatomy and Physiology (8 cr)
- Microbiology (4 cr)
- Bioethics (3 cr)
- Statistics (3 cr)
Visit our Transfer Credit and Transcript Evaluation page for information on course equivalency and transcript reviews.
Online BSN Application
The BSN Application process is completely online. All supporting materials are uploaded during the online BSN Application. Applicants may repeatedly log into their account to complete it.
Items uploaded as part of the online BSN Application include the following:
- Unofficial transcript, one copy from each higher education institution attended
- Proof of enrollment in a partner community college AAS-Nursing program (unofficial transcript showing course enrollment)
- $60 non-refundable BSN Application fee*
- If applicable:
- A copy of current course registration
- Transcript evaluations of all international transcripts
- Unofficial copy of AP, IB, or CLEP scores
- A copy of active duty military ID
- A copy of any licenses or certifications
- A copy of all email correspondence with BSN Admissions Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Before finally submitting the BSN Application
- Applicants may return to their BSN Application
- Applicants must upload all supporting materials
- Applicants may not access their BSN Application once submitted
- Applicants may only submit one BSN Application
Mason Students must submit an unofficial copy of your Mason transcript. If taking any spring courses, you must include your course registration.
The CHHS Office of Student Affairs will send decision letters via email by the end of March for fall admission and by December for spring admission. All decisions of the Review Committee are final and cannot be appealed. If your application is denied, we are unable to provide specific reasons for the denial. Common reasons for denial include: incomplete application, nursing pre-requisite/science GPA was not competitive, received a grade below C in the required pre-requisites, and sheer volume – given the number of applications received for the limited number of clinical spaces, other applicants presented stronger applications.
We recommend that all applicants participate in our RN to BSN and Co-enrollment BSN Information Session to learn more about important application guidelines and expectations.