Direct Admission Application and Eligibility Guidelines for Incoming Freshmen
- Applicant must be an incoming freshman student
- Submission of the Mason Application
- Specify Nursing as your intended major on the application
- Respond to short answer prompts
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in your high school coursework
- Have a history of engagement in experiential learning opportunities
- Success in math and science coursework
Simply meeting the BSN application and eligibility guidelines do not guarantee your admission to the program.
If you are not admitted to the nursing program, you would still be admitted to Mason as an undeclared student in the College of Public Health. There will be another opportunity for your to apply to the nursing program after your first year at Mason. CHHS Advisors can also help you identify other major options and/or other pathways to a degree in Nursing. Please take the time to explore all of our pathways into nursing, as well as the other undergraduate programs and majors in the College of Public Health.
Mason’s Office of Admissions will send decision letters via email. For the Early Action deadline, decisions will be mailed in December. For the Regular Decision deadline, decisions will be mailed by late March.
We recommend that all applicants participate in our Traditional BSN Information Session to learn more about important application guidelines and expectations.