Eligibility Requirements and Application Procedure for Graduate Students and Nurse Leaders
Graduate Students (Master's and Doctorate) must
- have completed one-quarter of the nursing curriculum;
- have at least a GPA of 3.5 (based on a 4.0 grading scale);
- meet the expectation of academic integrity.
Nurse Leader Candidates
Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), Epsilon Zeta (EZ) Chapter is accepting new members in recognition of their superior achievement, leadership qualities and high professional standards.
We request chapter members to recommend Nurse Leaders who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be legally recognized to practice nursing in his/her country;
- have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent in any field;
- have demonstrated achievement in nursing;
- be endorsed by two active STTI members.
To apply for induction into STTI, the candidate must download, complete and submit a Membership Intent Form
Submit the form to Dr. Barbara J. Hatcher (email@example.com), preferably by email, by March 31, 2017. The Membership Intent Form will be reviewed for evidence of meeting the criteria. The information will be entered into Sigma Theta Tau's national database. The candidate will receive a formal invitation via email from the STTI’s National Office with instructions on how to register online, pay dues, purchase jewelry, etc. Membership Dues must be paid to Sigma Theta Tau International at least two weeks prior to the Annual Induction Ceremony, Sunday, April 30, 2017 at Mason.
Note: Candidates do not purchase a Sigma Honor Cord (typically worn at graduation). The Chapter will provide the cord.