Research Proposal Guidelines
Please submit all application documents electronically to the Research Committee Chair.
Parts I - IV should be a maximum of 5 pages: Points will be deducted if proposal exceeds maximum length.
Part I. Title and Abstract
An abstract of not more than 200 words that describes the design, hypothesis or research question, specific variables to be measured, population and sample, and plan for data collection and analysis.
Part II. Proposal Outline
Include the following:
- Design of study
- Statement of the problem
- Significance of study
- Conceptual or theoretical framework
- Research questions and hypotheses, if applicable
- Definitions of variables
- Instrument(s) reliability and validity (as appropriate to design)
- Ethical considerations
- Data collection procedure
- Sample size and sampling procedure
- Data analysis plan
Part III. Research References
Part IV. Budget.
- Supplies or equipment
Part V. Appendices
- Instruments or interview schedule
- Investigator's curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages)
- Other relevant materials